Do i need my accounts to be audited?

I am a salaried individual with taxable income. I recently started trading in equity and F&O, since Feb 2017. My turn-over and figures for the last financial are as follows:
Intraday gross profit (loss): (-49,485)
Intraday turnover: 1,41,874
Short-term gross profit: 991
Short term turnover: 22,965
Total charges: 22,332
Futures gross profit: 1610
Futures turnover: 7090
Total charges: 937

I’m trading at Zerodha and the above figures i got from Zerodha Q. Previously i was filing my returns myself using ITR-1. But now i think i will need to file using a different form, maybe ITR-4.
Please advise what IT return form i will need to use and whether i will need to get my accounts audited by a CA.
Also please suggest a website where i can get help to file online and the charges. Thanks.

sunnym Asked on July 13, 2017 in Taxations.
Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

Dear Mr Sunny

Intraday Losses/ profits  are Speculative business profit / loss   and F & O comes under regular business income. Audit will be required if your Income other than these losses exceeds Rs 2.5 Lac. You can file ITR 3 or ITR 4 as turnover and trades are less.

We do help in filing IT returns if you are from Bangalore. You can send your request at

TaxIQ Answered on July 14, 2017.
Add Comment