I returned from US on July 17th after staying there since Oct 2011. That makes my stay for US Financial year as 197. As India follows Apr to March financial calendar, i will also satisfy 186 days plus rule for India. My US income tax has already been withhold and my company Pay dept. is saying that they will deduct my tax for salary in US in India also. I should be a NROR i.e. nonresident but ordinarily resident and earning in US should not be Taxed. Please let me know what are my options.

Jaywells Asked on August 17, 2018 in Taxations.
Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

You will get the rebate for the taxes paid in US so you wont have double taxation . You need to go through the DTAA with US for getting minute details

TaxIQ Answered on August 22, 2018.
Add Comment